Code of conduct
Guidelines to a sustainable business
EPV Energy’s operation is guided by board approved the Code of Conduct, in which is lined the principles for sustainable business. They function as guidelines for the operational function, so that the strategic goals can be reached in the expected way.
Our main task is to enable sustainable energy production and to maintain the production cost price at a competitive level.
Who is affected by our code of conduct?
- All our employees and the corporate management
- Partners and contractors
- We always follow the law and international agreements
- We compete for services ethically, market-based and transparently
- We commit to fighting the grey economy, we refuse all forms of money laundering and corruption
Investments and the future
- A large amount of capital is attached to our power plants and wind power parks for decades that is why we invest carefully
- We aim to fund our investments in such a way, that our operational reliability and self-sufficiency remain good
- Risk management reduce the amount of unfortunate surprises and better the financial stability
Energy to production cost price
- We deliver electricity and heat to our shareholders at production cost price
- We promote market competition by providing services independently
- The efficiency benefits of the operation are transferred directly to the owners
- We treat everybody fairly and equally
- Our work environment is open and inclusive
- We do not allow any form of threatening behaviour, mistreatment, molest or bullying.
- Sexual harassment is absolutely forbidden
- Employees are encouraged
- to personal and professional growth
- care for their wellbeing
- We offer a safe and healthy work environment
- We prevent accidents and injuries
- We offer instructions and safety equipment
- Our goal is zero accidents
- We do not accept child- or forced labour
- We do not accept working conditions that conflict with international agreements or practices.
- We expect our suppliers to follow the same principles
Natural resources and environment
- We are committed to the principles of sustainable development
- We monitor the realization of goals through audits
- We are aware of the environmental impacts of our business and strive to prevent the negative impacts
- reducing emissions
- by considering our enviormental impact in our daily work
- to prepare for environmental risks in advance
- to improve biodiversity
- by identifying risks and opportunities
- by also committing our partners to the above mentioned issues
Corruption and conflict of interest
- Employees, management and partners should avoid situations with conflict of interests.
- It is prohibited to accept corporate gifts, bribes or other financial advancements
- Gifts linked to normal business and hospitality is allowed
- Illegal payments to authorities are not allowed
- It is not allowed to use internal information, position or company assets for personal gains.
- Personal data is only handled when necessary and for reasonable reasons
Following the code of conduct
- If you are unsure about how to act – contact your manager
- Violations or suspicions should be reported to a manager, administration or the whistle-blowing channel
- We make sure that the reportee does not suffer any consequences for reporting